We dedicate Volume II to Black lives and their safety and wellbeing, to the lives we have lost to COVID-19, and all of the creators trying to make art through this pandemic.
As a Chicago and LA based journal we ask that if you have the funds you support one or both of the Black-led organizations below.
Black Women for Wellness works to:
- Conduct, gather and share research on the history and current challenges and issues of Black women’s health.
- Train speakers for panel discussions, academic lectures and organizational programs on all aspects of Black women’s health.
- Provide health education and information on strategies to prevent illness and to maintain and restore health.
- Refer women to culturally sensitive health providers and counseling services.
- Advocate for African women’s health through membership on boards, commissions and task forces.
- Publish information and educational materials from Black women’s perspective.
To donate to Black Women for Wellness LA click here.
Brave Space Alliance is the first Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ+ Center located on the South Side of Chicago, dedicated to creating and providing affirming, culturally competent, for-us by-us resources, programming, and services for LGBTQ+ individuals on the South and West sides of the city. We strive to empower, embolden, and educate each other through mutual aid, knowledge-sharing, and the creation of community-sourced resources as we build toward the liberation of all oppressed peoples.
To donate to Brave Space Alliance Chicago click here.